Sunday, June 6, 2021

Portfolio 01 Week 03

Character Designs Week 03

This week, I worked on Gothel's design. In this story, Gothel is sweet and a grandmother by this time in Rapunzel's life. She enjoys gardening and taking strolls in town, often seen with books in her hands for Rapunzel.










Here are some of Gothel's initial designs. I was trying to explore different shapes that could be done with the body and big dress. I found myself gravitating more toward a short and compact figure.




Once I decided how I wanted the body to be, I tried exploring different outfit designs. I decided to go with the first one since that seemed the most age appropriate and made Gothel look more approachable.




After deciding the clothes, I moved on to Gothel's expressions. I really wanted her face to squish and stretch with the expressions since her skin isn't as bouncy as it may have been in her youth.




Here are some different color iterations for Gothel's dress. I decided going with the purple palette since it seemed to look nice with Rapunzel's design.




Here is Gothel's orthographic.






This next week, I will be focusing on Prince Luca's design.

No comments:

Post a Comment