Thursday, September 10, 2020

Common Art Week 02

This week, we focused on silhouettes. Silhouettes are huge for making an iconic look for whatever is being made, could be a character, a castle, a ship, etc.

Below are some silhouettes (top-view) I made in Maya using a ship that was already there to use as a base. I wanted to create ships that resembled sea creatures. In my head I thought it would be a cool idea if these ships could go underwater in world with huge, dangerous sea creatures. I could also see these ships going into space, as if they're swimming through the galaxies.




I brought the silhouettes into Photoshop to add details to the shapes and make cleaner edges (my modeling skills aren't the best but we're working on that). I starting erasing parts of the silhouette, making it an accent feature to have some hollow spots in wings. It gave the ships a more technologically advanced look. 




Here we have the final designs for my aquatic-themed ships. I really enjoyed how Creature Box presented the silhouettes of their different creatures so I tried doing something similar in that sense. The parts colored in blue are clear glass bulbs attached to the ships, working as windows. Each ship design is supposed to be different from the next, some are built to be fast while others are meant to work like a tank, and some shoot guns or bombs while others shoot some sort of photon blast.






No comments:

Post a Comment