Thursday, September 17, 2020

Common Art Week 03

This week we experimented with render passes in Photoshop. Using render passes of a 3D model can really help expedite one's workflow. 

I started with these 4 different render passes.

 

I used the line render pass as my base. Using the ID render layer, I was able to make easy selections and block in my colors.


I then included the render layer that held all the shadows (which cut off a lot of time that I would have spent shading). I tweaked the color some more and found a color palette I was more satisfied with.


After I was done playing around with the layers, I started painting over the model. I first started with painting the lighting and then moved to painting any other details on the car. I also painted over the human models so that they would match more with the piece. I gave them futuristic looking suits. I wanted the end piece to look like a group of travelers came across a beautiful fluorescent pink flowers with a starry sky.



No comments:

Post a Comment