Thursday, October 8, 2020

Common Art Week 06

Use of Perspective

This week we focused on 1, 2 and 3, point perspective. We had to build 4 different models and use them in our scene and render out these 3 different perspectives. Below I have images that inspired me for this assignment.








These are the models I built to create a small environment for me to take different shots in.

After setting up my cameras, I was able to render out the shots shown below.


1 Point Perspective


2 Point Perspective


3 Point Perspective

I decided to take my 2 point perspective further by editing it in photoshop with its different render passes and then painting over it. I only used the ID, auto occlusion and the shadow render pass.



Using the ID pass, I was able to easily select my objects and create solid masks to fill them in. Solid masks allowed me to easily change the colors as until I was satisfied with the palette. Below are the base colors I used.




After having my base colors down, I began experimenting with how I really wanted the lighting to be.




Once I had a better idea of where I was going with everything, I began to paint over it all and came to this final result.




I'm pleasantly surprised with how this piece came out. I wasn't very confident about it in the beginning but the painting definitely improved as I kept working on it (as do all paintings).

No comments:

Post a Comment