Thursday, October 15, 2020

Common Art Week 07

Make our own piece!

This week we were given free reigns to do whatever we wanted. It is currently Fall so I decided to make a pub called "The Pumpkin Pub."

Below are the references that were used. The artist, Elodie Mondolini, was a huge inspiration for the style that I was trying to achieve.


I first created a rough sketch to figure out composition and then modeled the shapes in Maya. I added some color to see how the light would really react with certain colors.


Below is the beauty pass I ended up using.


And here is the final result after painting over it in Photoshop.


I was very pleased with how this turned out. Personally, I feel like this piece has been groundbreaking for me because I finally feel like I'm getting a good understanding of how to use 3D to my advantage in creating concept art. I also feel like I really improved in my rending of stone and wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment