Thursday, October 22, 2020

3D Art Week 09

Cannon Project Part 01

This week we upgraded from building a crate to building a cannon. We only built a proxy though so that we can set it up in unreal and establish the 3D art pipeline. Below is the concept I chose for this project. This concept is from the game, "Sea of Thieves" (could not find artist name). I wanted to try doing a slightly more stylized model.


These orthographics were especially helpful in making sure all the pieces were the right size in relation to each other. 

I also made a texture board for how these materials would react to light. I definitely plan on staying faithful to the design but this gives me a better understanding for when messing with the attributes of the materials.



Below is my proxy.



Here is the size relationship between my proxy and the UE4 mannequin.


After creating the proxy cannon, I modeled the ground and some plants.


All these assets where then brought into UE4.


It seems like there are some UV issues to fix as seen with how the light reacts to the opening of the cannon and parts of the wood pieces. Those will be addressed later in the next blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment