Sunday, November 1, 2020

3D Art Week 10

Cannon Project Part 2

This week, we focused on up-ressing our cannon and exporting it into ZBrush.

I first started by UVing all the geo in Maya. This especially helps me later for when I need to bake the high poly mesh onto the low poly mesh in Substance.


After I was done, I began to up-res the cannon by beveling the edges and making parts of the geometry crisp so that they would hold in smooth mesh preview. I also added a blinn material to everything to improve presentation and see clearly where the shiny edges are.

Before Up-Res





After Up-Res




Once I was done in Maya, I exported my cannon as an FBX and brought it into ZBrush. Parts of my geometry no longer looked smooth like in Maya so I went and subdivided them to bring back a more polished look.

Before Subdivision



After Subdivision




No comments:

Post a Comment