Sunday, June 27, 2021

Portfolio 02 Week 02

Environment Part 02

This week, I designed the interior of Rapunzel's room in the top of her tower. This was quite the challenge, I definitely underestimated how much work this would take.

I began by doing a sketch of what the floor plan would be like, then added in necessities like a bed, and finally added stuff for character. I also made sure to have references on hand for what Italian Rococo furniture looked like.

References




Sketch




Once I had the sketch, I decided to set everything up in Maya for a cleaner look, and to save me time for when I do the story beats in this environment for the last portfolio sprint. My plan is to finish the interior with a finalized lined and colored look, like the two examples here.





Render



I think that I can keep adding in things for character to show more of Rapunzel's personality in the room, such as more books strewn about, a hair brush on her vanity, and maybe a bunch of hats or clothes spilling out of her wardrobe.

For this next week, I think I will spend it polishing the interior, coloring it, and showing detailed prop callouts of what is seen in her room.

No comments:

Post a Comment