Thursday, October 1, 2020

Common Art Week 05

Use of Composition

This week we focused on composition. We kitbashed different models given to us to create the base of our composition. Below is my kitbashed scene made up of different models provided. I wanted to set up an interesting composition first (using the Golden Rule) before focusing on the style of my piece. 

Below are the images taken in photoshop, both lit and unlit. Everything in the shot such as the models and lighting were meant to help with placement for when I paint over the render in photoshop.


Once my composition was set, I looked for inspiration on how I wanted the style of my piece to be and what color palette I would have liked to have. My board of inspiration is seen below.




After bringing the render into photoshop, I started painting over the piece by doing my line art for a clear, clean drawing as my base. I later followed by putting down my base colors to act like id's in terms of making it is easy to select different parts of the drawing based on the different colors.


After completely painting over everything, this was the final result.


I'm definitely happy with how it came out. Setting everything up in Maya first really helped give me a good foundation for the placement and lighting of the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment